Top 5 Ways to be Healthier with Mason Jars!
Posted by Carlo on January 07, 2016
With the new year comes a fresh start! Kick off a healthy and happy 2016 with these:
1. Plan Ahead - Make layered salads or overnight breakfasts in advance. Mason jars keep ingredients fresh, help with portion control, and are easy to grab-and-go for an active lifestyle.
2. Drink Water - Staying hydrated replenishes the body and flushes out toxins and the byproducts of fat. Using a reusable glass jar for water is convenient and eco-awesome!
3. Make Smoothies - You might think smoothies are all the rage, which they are, but they are also a delicious way to fill up on vitamin and nutrient packed fruits and veggies. Many regular mouth Mason jars will also work as a blender (less clean-up!).
4. Be Motivated - Write down 10 to 20 ideas to increase your activity or decrease your stress (or both) - for example, "10 sit ups" or "Dance to a favorite song." Keep the jar on your kitchen counter and set a time each day to pick one out!
5. Make Your Own - You don't have to be a 5-Star Michelin Chef to create delicious foods at home. Many store-bought dressings are filled with excess sugar, preservatives, and unnecessary ingredients. Shake up dressings and sauces with Mason jars, which store perfectly in the fridge.