Since cookie love is pretty universal, a Mason jar filled with pre-measured dry ingredients makes a sweet homemade gift idea that everyone will enjoy! All the recipient has to do later is add the wet ingredients and bake. Makes for a quick and easy dessert recipe, too!
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 Box Devil's Food Cake
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- Quart Mason Jar
- reCAP FLIP Lid
To Package For a Gift:
- Pour the cake mix into a clean, regular mouth Mason jar, gently packing the mix down.
- Next, add the mini chocolate chips in an even layer on top of the cake mix.
- Pack the mini marshmallows into a snack-sized ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible before sealing the bag.
- Fold the bag and add it to the jar.
- Cap off the jar with a reCAP FLIP and add one of our holiday gift tags!
Attach the following baking directions to the jar.
- Instructions for baking to include with Mason jar:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty the cake mix into a mixing bowl and add the eggs and oil.*
- Stir (or mix with a mixer) until blended.
- Add the mini chocolate chips.
- Using two small spoons, measure out and shape each cookie into a small ball and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add three mini marshmallows to the top of each cookie, pushing them lightly into the raw dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Be careful not to overcook!
- Remove and allow to cool for a minute before removing the cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an air-tight container; separate cookie layers with wax paper to avoid sticking.